If you are a student from a background underrepresented in philosophy who is interested in pursuing further study in Philosophy, we encourage you to apply to an Undergraduate Diversity Institute in Philosophy!
Diversity institutes support students as they hone their philosophical interests, become part of a community, and gain insight into the graduate admissions process. Further details about each institute, including eligibility and application requirements, may be found on the APA page listing summer undergraduate diversity institutes in philosophy.
The following diversity institutes will host a program in 2020:
- Philosophy in an Inclusive Key Summer Institute (PIKSI)-Boston— June 23–June 30
MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Applications are due January 31, 2020. PIKSI-Boston and PIKSI-Rock use a shared application process.
- Philosophy in an Inclusive Key Summer Institute (PIKSI)-Rock—June 17–June 26; Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- Applications are due January 31, 2020.
- PIKSI-Logic — July 27–July 31, 2020; Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Applications are due April 15, 2020, and decisions will be made by May 15, 2020.
- Cultivating Underrepresented Students in Philosophy (CUSP) — June 7–June 20, 2020; Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- Applications are due March 20, 2020.
- Pittsburgh Summer Program (PSP)— July 13–July 17; University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Applications are due March 1, 2020.
- Rutgers Summer Institute for Diversity in Philosophy (SIDP)—July 19–July 25
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Applications are due April 10, 2020.
- Philosophy of Law Undergraduate Summer School at Cornell (PLUSS)—June 21–June 27; Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Applications are due February 15, 2020.
- Summer Immersion Program in Philosophy at Brown (SIPP@Brown)—July 6–July 17
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- Applications are due March 1, 2020, and students will be notified of admissions decisions by April 1, 2020.
- UCSD Summer Program for Women in Philosophy (SPWP)—July 20–July 31; University of California San Diego, San Diego, California
- Applications are due on February 15, 2020.
- COMPASS at Michigan—October 8–October 10, 2020; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Applications are due April 15, 2020, and applicants will be notified of admissions decisions by the end of May 2020.